Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

January 1, 2006

Sugar Bowl Preview

What to say that hasn't already been said?

Edit: I'm set on tickets now. Thanks for the emails

For an indepth analysis of the stats, Mayor Kyle presents "Too Much Information." The only question with Kyle's breakdown is...."Are you man enough to read all of it?"

I did an interview with MyOpinionOnSports about the game. You can find my Q&A here. It gives my thoughts on the matchups and the outcome.

Someone asked me what I thought about West Virginia fans. I told that I had never met one.

From the articles on couch burning and the general picture painted in the media, I'm expecting someone with:
- The intelligence of a Mississippi State fan
- The little brother mentality of an Auburn fan
- The wide-eyed bowl amazement of a Gamecock fan
- With the social graces and personal grooming habits of a Clemson fan

I'm not sure who handles PR and brand management for the state of West Virginia, but they should definitely fire the guy.

[Photo Above: Sort of what I'm thinking.]

Back to football, the stats that really stick out to me:
-- West Virginia's starting QB has only thrown 100 passes this year.
-- They rank 116th out of 117 teams in the nation in passing.

The Georgia Bulldog defense under Mark Richt has done *extremely well* versus one dimensional attacks. In reality, the Dawgs don't have to stop their running game to win. We only have to slow it down.

If the Dawgs are awake and motivated for this game, we'll win by 10+ points. If we're asleep / fat and sassy, we'll get beat. I'm expecting something in the middle.

If you're looking for a stat to watch, check our third down conversions on offense and defense. We can't leave our defense on the field against this attack all game or the fourth quarter will be ugly.

Prediction:
In typical Mark Richt Bowl Fashion, we will make it harder than we have to. Georgia wins 27-17, but it will be uglier than we'd like.

Hunker Down You Hairy Dawgs,

pwd

3 comments:

The Drizzle said...

Yeah, I'm pretty much expecting the standard run out to the lead, game gets slow, things get slightly more nerve wracking they need to be, we turn it back on and win in slightly less convincing fashion than I'd like.

And thus people across America continue to say that we just don't blow people out like great teams should. But whatever, I'll take 44 wins in 4 years every day of the week.

Unknown said...

NOTE: I have tickets now. I'm all set!

Ian said...

Quite an experience dealing with WVU fans...I'll probably post today about my experience at the Tire Bowl. By 9 AM, I had already made two mortal enemies, who we named "Mustachio" and "Backstreet's Back." That about sums up the average WVU fan and average WVU student.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan