Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

February 8, 2006

To be the man...

I recall the disappointment of learning one of my childhood heroes, Space Mountain himself, Ric (WOOO!) Flair is a Gator fan. I chalked it up to mind-muddling effect of years of steroid use. And, with age and perspective, I appreciated the symmetry of the Dirtiest Player in the Game's affinity for Gators. But, I suspect the Nature Boy will be shocked to learn that he is no longer the only occupant of the squared circle moonlighting in orange and blue. I think this pic dovetails nicely with yesterday's discussion of the CFCAT .


[Photo: Hulkster has let himself go to hell since retirement. And he's out of shape too].

May I humbly suggest a loser-leaves-town, falls-count-anywhere half-time entertainment for the Gators' spring football game? While neither will likely pass either the CFCAT or any other test in this lifetime, nothing says Florida like two hard-living bleached-blond, fleshy-leathery types brawling. And when they're done, Flair and Hogan can wrassle.

[Photo: Paramedics will be on hand with replacement hips.]

The winner takes on this guy in Jacksonville:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

best Monday Night Raw that ever saw on TNT was right before WCW jumped the shark. They were down in gainesville at the O Center and Flair went NUTS.

He stripped down to his Florida Gator Silk boxers and did this riff on what it meant to be in Gainesville and how the entire town was going to feel the power of space mountain.

The place went 12 shades of ripshit.

The announcers were looking into the camera trying to take the show to commerical and you could barely hear them over the roar of the crowd.

Great moment. That place was *rocking*.

Best Raw moment I ever saw n person was DawgNoxious' sister holding up the sign in Greenville, SC that said "I WANT TO RIDE SPACE MOUNTAIN!" with the arrow pointing down to her head.

What did Flair say to her on the mic in front of the crowd? "Sweetie, your momma already rode!"

That was a moment of zen.

(caveat: I only say all of this wa the best b/c I never saw the Raw where Goldberg won the belt in the GA Dome the first time)

Dawgnoxious said...

PW, I believe the Nature Boy's comment was more like "Little lady, your momma already rode. Woo! Woo! Woo!"

That was also the night the Funkster, Terry Funk came back for a short run, and Flair chest-slapped the shit out of Roddy Piper 3 feet from our seats.

Dan said...

You haven't lived until you've had an obscenely obese, half-drunk Tommy "Wild Fire" Rich hit another man with a plastic garbage can on your front lawn.

BEST . . . RUSH . . . EVENT . . . EVER

My favorite thing about Flair was how you knew he was taking the bump during an interview if clandestinely took his watch off during it. He'd be talking and suddenly his watch would go in his pocket and everyone watching would go "Flair is getting hit with something. It might be a chair, it might be a bust of Elvis, but Flair is taking a shot from something."

I miss those days.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to pull myself off the floor. That might be some of the funniest shit ever. I'm wiping the tears away as I type.

Dan, I would have to think you boys cleaned up during rush that year. We had some funny shit happen during rush - but that may be the all time best rush story I've ever heard.

Unknown said...

Nobody in Bristol asked me, but the night Goldberg won the Title should be on ESPN Classic.

Beats the crap out of watching Minnesota vs. UAB in 1984 in classic college baseball.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan