Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

August 4, 2006

TurdGate Earns Ian Smith dubious All-American Honors


Pat Forde of ESPN.com has announced his All-Bad-Actor-Team. The all-american list honors achievement in the area of off-field problems. The award is for individual work not recognized by EDSBS's Fulmer Cup, a more team oriented award.

Ian Smith makes the team as a starter based on his starring role in TurdGate. A "scandal" involving Smith falling asleep while taking a drunken poo in a public restroom. Dan Inman also makes the list for his undisclosed violation of team rules that will result in a two game suspension.

So, while we celebrate the pre-season awards of players like Quentin Moses, let's not forget the guys like Ian Smith who are also getting it done with hard work, beer and nonsense.

Special kudos should go to the Athens PD on this one. Their "Ian Smith Task Force" was vital to stopping Smith's "crime spree" of tipsy dumps.

Thanks heavens that freshmen reported!

pwd

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, how did he miss the shenanigans of shooting ak47s into apartments and beating up your pregnant girlfriend? Oh yeah, the Gators are all nice, upstanding men.

Unknown said...

Dawgspeare over on the DawgRun had a classic line:

"I opened the door to my bathroom this morning...and I admit part of me was terrified that Ian Smith would be asleep on my john.

Thank goodness he wasn't - my wife was asleep only a few feet away. I'm so glad the Athens cops are working so hard keeping all of our toilets safe.

But I have the Department of Ian Smith Security on speed dial, in case that fateful day ever dawns."

Anonymous said...

Jesus, if having a drunken poo story is suddenly enough to get you flogged by ESPN, then two things are true..

1) We have all become candied-ass uptight and old.
2) Thank God I wasn't a star football player when I was in college.

Poor kid, a shot of ex-lax and baileys for my man Ian...

Anonymous said...

My first thought was that ESPN was a little over the top including Inman - who might not have done anything illegal for all we know - and Smith in their list. Then I decided that they were trying to fill positions, and unfortunately out linemen are as rambunctious as other peoples D backs. Just the luck of the draw, really. That's how I have come to terms with it.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan