Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

August 27, 2006

Who is on the All-Time Georgia Team?

Tony Barnhart has listed his all-time UGA team.
  • Tight End -- I agree with most of the selections. However, I would make some changes. First of all, I liked Sadowski, but I'd take Randy McMichael, Leonard Pope and Clarence Kay before Troy.

  • Offensive Linemen - I always thought Bernard Williams was horribly overrated. I'd be watching on TV, and they would say "Williams hasn't given up a sack this year." I couldn't help but think "That's because the other guys beat him to it." I'd take Jonas Jennings and Max Jean-Gilles (although not at OT) over Bernard. And yes, I know he's probably the highest drafted UGA offensive lineman ever.

  • Defensive Linemen - I'd take Jonathan Sullivan over Richard Seymour if we're basing it on what they did in college.
Although, you couldn't go wrong with any of those guys. Otherwise great list.

PWD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you regarding Sadowski and Williams....I'd go with McMichael and Max. Sadowski would be down the list.

Sullivan vs Seymour is debatable. Besides Herschel, Charles Grant was the best looking Freshman I've ever seen at Georgia. If not for him playing RB as well and the ill-fated toss sweep vs GT, Grant probably would have blown away the sack record at UGA and been a cinch for the all-time UGA team.

Jmac said...

Anyone else notice the glaring omission of Frank Sinkwich? You know, the other guy to win the Heisman Trophy at Georgia?

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan