Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

September 11, 2006

Chuck Norris vs. Matt Stafford


Norris gets defensive when asked about "the other" famous Texan

On Saturday before the South Carolina game, Michael Lough of the Macon Telegraph wrote an article comparing Stafford to Chuck Norris. Fair comparison. Lough's facts on Stafford include:
    Talks are underway to retire Stafford's No. 7, but 6 and 8 are done just from being next door.

    And the numbers 14, 21, 28, etc. are asking to be released from the numerical equation because how could anybody be twice or three times what 7 is?

    Quarterbacks coach Mike Bobo will soon return part of his salary because he'll have nothing to do as long as Stafford is playing.

    Stafford can't get a date in Athens because no co-ed feels worthy.

    Mark Richt hopes his son Jon develops as a quarterback so he can have a record-setting year in college and perhaps go to New York and win The Stafford.
Normally, I would tell a columnist..."Hey, you leave the snarky, sarcastic stuff to the bloggers, and we'll leave the reporting and attempts to deliver actual facts to you guys." But this is pretty solid stuff.

PWD


ht - RenegadeDawg on The Porch

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up all my life in Macon and thankfully Michael Lough was gone by the time I left to go to school. I still read the paper online fairly regularly and it's safe to say that Lough is one of the worst columnists in the South. Fitting though that he writes for the Macon Telegraph, quite possibly the worst paper in Georgia.

Anonymous said...

What's the Stafford Award going to be for, the quarterback who throws the most picks on the year?

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Macon as well, and have met Lough a couple of times at some bars down there. He has never played a down of football before and I would bet he hasn't played any other sport before, except maybe soccer.

Anonymous said...

All this cheesy Chuck Norris crap is annoying.

It's a cheap ripoff of the Bill Brasky SNL skit in the late 90s. If I hear a drunk frat kid tell Chuck Norris jokes in a bar one more time, I'm gonna drive down to the river bridge and shoot myself in the head.

For drunk frat kids, Chuck Norris is the new "I'M RICK JAMES B$*#&"

Dan said...

"I'm gonna drive down to the river bridge and shoot myself in the head."

Is this a promise? I have a website I can send you.

Anonymous said...

Stafford will never be able to match Mike Moore.

Anonymous said...

def said...
Stafford = BUST!

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan