Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

September 18, 2006

UGA vs. Ole Miss Game Time Announced


Image: Georgia Sports Communications

ESPN2 To Televise Georgia-Ole Miss Game
Kickoff Set For 9:00 p.m. ET

ATHENS, Ga. --- The Saturday, Sept. 30, football game between Georgia and Ole Miss in Oxford will be televised by ESPN2. Kickoff is set for 9:00 p.m. ET. This will be Georgia's first appearance on ESPN2 this season. Georgia's all-time record on ESPN2 is 12-2. (Source: Georgiadogs.com)

This means I can squeeze in a few hours for touring Graceland in Memphis early Saturday morning before heading out to Oxford and enjoying The Grove's sights and smells. I love games in Oxford. Gosh amighty. I. Am. Ready.

pwd



ps -- If I were going to watch this game from home, I would be bumming. 9:00 pm starts are teh suxorz. But because I'm going and because I've got other things I want to accomplish on my trip, I'm pleased. I know that puts me in the minority of UGA fans who think this start is too late.

But the alternative was an 11:30 central time start. That just isn't the college football experience that I enjoy. I know the 11:30 start is what Richt wanted. But call me selfish. It's not what I wanted.

9 comments:

walter geiger said...

whatever the time, we kick that rebel ass!

Anonymous said...

As a Dawg with a four year old and a one year old, let me just say - the later the sart time, the better.

And what two ESPN2 games did we lose?

Anonymous said...

Dear Senor Corrales:

thanks for reminding me of the absolute worst night game I've ever seen in Athens. Our defense made Ronnie Daniels look like a combination of Lynn Swann, Harold Carmichael, The Incredible Hulk, and Hurricane Ivan all wrapped into one package. Based on his performance in that game, if you had told me he'd be a 10 year All Pro in the NFL, I would have believed you in a heartbeat.

I dont remember which one of our DBs was chicken fighting with him for 65 yards down the field after he took a short pass for a huge gain, but just watching it made me feel unclean.

Although he was generally a good coach, the hallmark of the Donnan era was a total collapse in key late season SEC games.

Unknown said...

If I were guessing, I'd say SC '01 at home or on the road in '96.

Anonymous said...

I believe that was Jeff Burris doing the chicken fighting. I don't think I've ever been more completely pissed off while attending a game than I was that game. The DB spent 35 yards trying to strip the ball rather than tackle Daniels. That Auburn team sucked, and somehow we still got the snot kicked out of us. Wow. What craptacular memories. Thanks!

Unknown said...

SSB - it was Jeff Harris and Cory Robinson I think.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Paul. Jeff Burris was a DB for the Colts sometime in the last 10 or so years, IIRC.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys - per the UGA Media Guide,the "two that we lost" on ESPN2 are.....

1. As suggested the 1999 Auburn game, 38-21. All of us know that the game was not that close.

2. The equally infamous 2000 loss to South Carolina 21-10.

Astronaut Mike Dexter said...

Good God almighty, that '99 Auburn game is probably the most miserable I've ever been at a sporting contest of any kind. As close to a waking nightmare as I've ever experienced in my life -- Georgia should never find themselves down by 38 points to an NFL team, much less a 4-5 squad with a picklewipe like Ben Leard at QB.

Enjoy yourself in Oxford, Paul, and go hit on a few co-eds in the Grove for me. One of these days I'm going to make it out there for an actual game.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan