Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

July 25, 2007

UGA Announces Ticket Cutoff Scores for most games


When I saw the cutoff scores for UGA tickets, I had some sort of out of body experience where I felt that I was channeling Montgomery Brewster.

A $23,500 lifetime contribution is required for the right to buy UGA vs. Bama tickets in Tuscaloosa. Maybe Damon misunderstood my ticket form. I don't want to play running back versus the Tide. I just want to watch the game. For $23k, I expect to either tote the rock (unabated towards the end zone) or to cuddle with the entire cheerleading squad during the Fifth Quarter.

In all seriousness...every time I think I'm making progress on the giving front, the scores leap again.

Also...GT has stopped selling Flex Packs with the UGA game included. They're only including UGA vs. GT tickets in season packages. To hell with that, you can get a better deal on StubHub.

Anyway...here's the press release.

From UGA SID:
The University of Georgia Athletic Association Ticket Office has released the following cut off score requirements for the 2007 season.
    Renewable Season:
    Contributors who ordered and have a cumulative score of 1,991 or higher will receive adjacent renewable season tickets.

    Non-renewable/Regular Season:
    All orders will be refunded.

    Oklahoma State, Troy, and Kentucky:
    All contributors who ordered will receive tickets.

    Western Carolina:
    All contributors with a cumulative score of 9,000 or higher will receive tickets.

    Mississippi:
    All contributors with a cumulative score of 12,000 or higher will receive tickets.

    Alabama:
    All contributors with a cumulative score of 23,500 or higher will receive tickets.

    Tennessee:
    All contributors with a cumulative score of 22,200 or higher will receive tickets.

    Vanderbilt:
    All contributors who ordered Vanderbilt tickets will receive tickets.
Cut-offs for Florida and Georgia Tech will be released as soon as determined. All refund checks for unfulfilled orders will be mailed by August 15.

PWD

11 comments:

blackertai said...

Jesus, how do they expect people just out of school will get tickets?! I just graduated, there's no way I can afford to donate that much?! I guess I'm going to have to do this the old fashioned way, and be glad that my UGA ID card still looks valid.

What a rip!

Unknown said...

I don't think the contribution would count for Brewster since it would result in a score that would be carried over to next year. If the bad guy (the one who joins with V'ger in the first Star Trek movie) is on his toes, he could whip that out at the end as well.

Unknown said...

Blackertai,

The intro contribution for home tix is only $1900 or so. Start contributing now as if you were buying now ($250 per tix) and scalp.

You'll be on the regular season tix list in no time.

Jen said...

Damn. I should have ordered OK State tickets. Oh well, there's also eBay.

I think the $1900 contribution is pretty high. I've had season tickets for the last 5 years and my donation level is probably only around $2100 because UGA subsidized everyone who graduated in '02 for the first year.

I would have been pissed if I hadn't made the cut-off.

Anonymous said...

how does the cutoff score thing work? is it a dollar a point--i just finished my Masters and enjoyed the student tickets while there, but i think i might do better by spending my money on a high-def TV and watching from home.

thanks for any info on the cutoff score stuff.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone wonder why the Athletic Department is so profitable?

Unknown said...

I just graduated, but luckily I still live in Athens, so I'll get a friend who doesn't watch football (strangely they do exist) to order my tickets. Plan B would be ebay, which is still a hell of a lot cheaper than "donating."

Anonymous said...

I graduated in 2005. My first football season out, I made a contribution of $1000. I was a nervous wreck waiting to find out if I was even ELIGIBLE to order tickets or if I'd just washed $1000 down the toilet. Luckily, I did get tickets, but I had friends who gave more than me and did NOT get to order tickets-not sure why/how that happened. I figured I might as well have bitten the bullet early on because the minimum donation goes higher and higher every year, and I can keep mine at $1000 if I want. It's kind of screwy, but how many other schools take that much pride in their football programs?!?
Blackertai--I feel your pain!

Anonymous said...

If you're still a student and can't get tix, the best way to go is to find an international student who doesn't like football and buy the tix from him. My first year there in 2000, I had to shell out $200 for season tix, but it was a win-win. I got my tickets w/o having to buy from scalpers, and the other kid pocketed the $200.

I've heard they're scanning UGA student ID's now at the gate to make sure they're current, so it's probably no good to try this route if you've graduated already.

Anonymous said...

For those who want to find out where your tickets are the info for doing so is at...
http://welcometoterminus.blogspot.com/2007/07/georgia-season-ticket-seat-locations.html

Anonymous said...

Sorry! Click HERE for the info.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan