Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

April 1, 2008

G-Day Update

Chip Towers has your G-Day update. He talks about who will and won't play. Nothing overly unexpected. All of the papers had this morning's news about Jeff Owens missing the rest of spring, Ben Jones is battling hard for playing time along the OL, and Mo Mass has a minor neck issue.

My biggest note for Spring is pretty simple. If you didn't buy your tickets get there very early. In the years that I've gone to G-Day there have been about 15,000-22,000 fans there. Mostly, they have around 19k ... give or take.

In those years, getting into the game is a bit of a hassle. The ticket lines are long and staffed thinly, and it takes a while to get everyone in. You would think that it would be a relatively quick transaction.
There's 1 product to buy.
It costs 1 price.
Boom. Move on.
But it always seems that about one in ten people like to use their time at the ticket window to renegotiate their home mortgage, sign up for the Peace Corp, or attempt a hostile takeover of Microsoft.

If you don't have tickets, get to the window early. I'm expecting about 30,000-35,000 fans. Accuweather calls for temperatures around 65-69 degrees and mostly cloudy. If that forecast holds up, it'll be a big crowd.

PWD

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the forcast for rain goes away, i think we will have right at 40,000 there. weather.com says a high of 73 with a 40% chance of rain.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I rent a car, there's always a guy at the head of the line shouting, "What do you MEAN I can't use a debit card!"

I think those people go to G-Day, too.

Unknown said...

stick - the greatest moments of my life (that don't involve shenanigans or church)....


1. Hearing the Dawgs called the first time

2. Michael Johnson's Catch

3. Eating at the Tuscaloosa Dreamland the first time

4. Moving out of Thomaston, Georgia

5. Discovering the Avis Preferred Program meant that I didn't have to wait in line.


I hate the rental car line and everyone in it.

Anonymous said...

This might be a silly question, but can you get tickets from the ticket office there on campus? We've decided to head up there on Thursday to visit my sister, and if I can pick up tix on Friday that would be great.

Thanks for any info!

Ben

ChiliDawg said...

I do know they were available at the Butts Mehre building a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure they are still there, but I just don't know when they stop selling them in person at that location.

Not sure if that helps any or not.

Anonymous said...

Any idea when they'll start selling tixs at the gate? Noon? 1:00?

Will said...

I guess this means the online sales are over?

bz said...

I feel embarrassed even to say this, after having attended about a hundred Dawgs games over the past 15 Falls: I'm a G-Day rookie. Never made it to a Spring Game. For no good reason.

I normally tailgate in Myers Quad, but wasn't sure how different the overall tailgate scene is for G-Day. I was thinking of switching it up to something closer to the stadium, maybe North Campus. Any thoughts/notes/tips/suggestions? Thanks!

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan