Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

July 28, 2005

BlogPoll Roundtable 3: College Football Talk

Every few weeks, the members of the Blog Poll discuss a roundtable question on their respective blogs. I'm late as hell with mine. Given that they just put Blog Poll 4 up, I figure it's probably time that I get after it and finish Blog Poll 3. Here were the 4 questions:
  • Which unheralded player on your team will be the hardest to replace?
  • Which seemingly inconsequential player could make the biggest impact?
  • Which regular-season game that won’t feature your team would you pay the most money to see this season? Why?
  • And finally, because I want it, you want it, and the American people want it: If your team were a rapper, who would it be and why?

So my answers:
Best unheralded player that we lost. -- That's a tough one. We only lost 7 or 8 guys and all but one were drafted so how unheralded could any of them have been? In a pinch, I'd go with Arnold Harrison. Arnold was a solid leader last year for us when healthy. With Tony Taylor back (he sat our last year with an injury) linebacker leadership is sort of a wash.

Seemingly inconsequential player will have the biggest impact? -- No one is talking about our kicker this year. But they should. Since we lost Billy Bennett there hasn't been the level of consistency that we've needed. Coutu doesn't have a big leg, but I've got a good vibe on him in terms of clutch. The kick vs. GT last year was the first of his career and it was money in a tough spot. Given that some folks call UGA "Field Goal Kicker U" instead of Tailback U these days b/c of Richt's redzone issues, we need a strong kicker.

Regular Season Game not involving UGA would I like to see -- Has to be the Iron Bowl. I grew up in Alabama, and I consider not seeing the Iron Bowl in Birmingham split 50/50 to be a major whiff in life. I'd rather see it in Tuscaloosa than Auburn though. This year, I'll see Penn State vs. Minnesota in Happy Valley and GT vs. NCSU in Atlanta. But I doubt I'll get to the Iron Bowl anytime soon due to scheduling conflicts.

If my team were a rapper who would they be -- Honestly sometimes, I can't help but think we're the Sugar Hill Gang. We were hellified #1 in the early 80s. We had a brief comeback in 2002, and so did the Sugar Hill Gang with the movie The Wedding Singer. Briefly, I did consider going with NWA for this UGA team b/c with Shockley as our QB (sort of skitish) and all of those RBs I think we'll be "100 Miles and Running".

StraightBangin' was assigned to referee this Roundtable. His recap is very good. The best part of his recap is the comparison between Suge Knight and DeathRow records to Jim Tressel and "The" Ohio State University.

I'll get with the program for Blog Poll Roundtable 4 soon.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan