Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

September 11, 2005

late tonight

i'll get my weekend thoughts up later. quick hitters:

- UGA didn't score an offensive touchdown vs. Carolina in 2002 and still won the SEC. UGA is still definitely a Top 10 team. My cohorts in the Blog Poll that jumped them all the way into the Top 5 last week might have over done it a bit. We're #6-8 right now. Not hitting on all cylinders yet. But who outside of Texas and USC is? If UGA had been playing that poorly vs. any SEC foe other than SC, I'd be much more worried.

- Vandy has Richmond, MTSU, UK and Ole Miss remaining on the schedule. Bowling is not out of the question.

- I re-interate my apology to the world for ranking Pitt pre-season. Their QB throws like a girl. And not a good intramural QB girl either. More of a Special Ed girl. Wannstead (sp?) blows.

- Notre Dame isn't a Top 10 team (yet). Michigan and Pitt just appear dramatically worse than folks imagined. Talk about a team running in neutral despite hordes of talent across the board.

- If anyone can give me any insight in the comments area for where Ohio State and Iowa should be ranked this week, I'm all ears. I saw the OSU vs. Texas game, but I'm at a loss as to what to do with the Buckeyes. Same with Iowa. Is Tate going to be healthy next week.

more later.

4 comments:

Steven said...

Regarding tOSU: I'm probably going to move them up to #4 (had 'em at #6 last week), although doing so would mean I'd be hopping them over a team that won this week. Whatever I end up deciding, I won't be moving the Buckeyes down.

As for Iowa... I caught a fair portion of the game, but I'm struggling with where to rank them, too. After looking at my ballot from last week, I think I'll end up dropping them to around #16.

Nathan said...

Iowa State is NOT a good team (nobody in the Big XII North is, either) and without Drew Tate is going to be a long year for Iowa.

If you keep them in the top 25, it's gotta be like #23 or so. I'm not sure I wouldn't drop them out completely, that was an ugly loss to a very mediocre team.

Unknown said...

i'm not dropping anyone from #3 to #23 based on one game w/o their QB.

Worrier said...

I wouldn't drop OSU very far, if at all. They lost to a strong team with Chizik at DC. I see two differences in tu (they don't melt when things go badly (Mack Brown tradition) and their D is TOUGH - probably can thank Chizik with that - boy that proved to be a good hire).
OSU played well - just needed on TD instead of FG and they win. Still very easily could win the Big 10 going away and could compete with USC (those linebackers are fantastic).

Iowa - probably over-rated a little anyway (probably due to respect for the coach) so should drop to lower teens. After all is said/done, will probably only lose 1 maybe two games in the Big 10 so will end the season ranked in the top 15.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan