Previous Week's Ranking in parenthesis.
1. Southern Cal (1) - They still look best.
2. Texas (2) - Who's playing better?
3. Louisiana State (7) - With 2 weeks of screwed up practice to still performe that well on the road is impressive. Yes, the DBs need work.
4. Tennessee (5) - Are they legit? Or will Urban Rockne Meyer expose them?
5. Georgia (6) - 3 weeks of get well games before the trip to knoxville.
6. Florida (12) - Meyer finds out what SEC ball is all about. Sadly, I think he wins.
7. Virginia Tech (10) - Still trying to figure out where to rank them.
8. Ohio State (9) - Texas is a good team. OSU played them even. The QB situation needs to get figured out quickly.
9. Louisville (8)
10. Iowa (3) - Anyone can look like hell if they lose their QB. If Tate is back, this team can still win 9 or 10 games.
11. Purdue (11) - We'll know more shortly.
12. Notre Dame (23) - Pitt was awful and Michigan was overrated big time. Right now, I'd take Purdue on a neutral field over them. Thus the higher ranking.
13. Miami, Florida (14) - They are listed over FSU despite the head to head loss because this is a week to week poll. If they played again, Miami probably wins.
14. Florida State (13) - They'll beat BC win defense. But what will that prove?
15. Michigan (4) - They need to go back to the drawing board. Talk about wasting talent.
16. Texas Tech (17) - ?
17. Virginia (16) - ?
18. Georgia Tech (21) - Improving, but if they lost to Uconn it would surprise no one.
19. Boston College (18) - Beat FSU and I'll be quasi impressed.
20. Oregon (19) - Upset watch vs. Fresno State this week.
21. Auburn (22) - Tuberville's ears are so large, he can hear my heart beating over the internet.
22. Alabama (unranked) - They can usually stop the run and run the ball. Spurrier can't run it a lick and he can't stop the run. I like Shula's kids in this one.
23. Arizona State (20) - They played a Top 5 team to within 2 or 3 plays. I can't ding them much for that performance. (That said, fire the Special Teams guy asap)
24. Colorado (24) - Still hanging around. I like them more than Cal
25. Clemson (25) - Bowden vs. a solid running team like Colorado on a neutral field? I'd take The Buffs. Ths this ranking.
Last 3 receiving votes:
Oklahoma - This team is looking at 4 losses after all.
Cal - Keeping my eye on them.
Minnesota - I'll see them in person in 3 weeks.