Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

October 17, 2005

My Blog Poll Ballot Week 8

How teams faired and/or why they are ranked where they are:

Week 8
1. Southern Cal - well. duh.

2. Texas - If they throw Texas Tech a beating next week, it will be interesting to see what happens to UT's first place vote count.

3. Virginia Tech - I like this team.

4. Georgia - I moved Georgia over Bama. Georgia looked more impressive beating Vandy than Bama did beating the team that beat the team Bama beat.

5. Alabama - Bama vs. LSU and Auburn will both be outstanding games if Bama's depth can holdup.

6. Miami - Little Havana will be rocking as Senior Georgia Tech comes to down for a ritualistic beat down.

7. Louisiana State - The Auburn game this week is must see TV.

8. UCLA - I corrected my error for last week's ballot. Still not sure how good these guys are, but coming back from 21 down is impressive.

9. Ohio State - I'm not sure who won the Pontiac Game Changing Moment from ESPN, but if it wasn't the blocked FG...then something's wrong. No single play in the USC vs. Notre Dame game changed things as much as the block in this one.

10. Texas Tech - I don't see how feasting on cupcakes prepares you for what's going to happen in Austin this weekend.

11. Notre Dame - When you play the #1 team in America this close, how far can you really fall?

12. Auburn - They haven't played anyone since Georgia Tech. However, Brandon Cox is light years betteer than he was vs. the Jackets.

13. Penn State - I still like this team. They're young in key spots, but they are good enough to go 9-2 or better.

14. Oregon - Belloti looks to be putting together a quality team.

15. Boston College - Wake had these guys beat. I dropped them one on general principal.

16. Wisconsin - When Glen Mason loses, an angel gets his wings.

[Photo: Did someone mention angels and wings?]

17. Florida State - Will the last FSU fans who apologizes for dogging me out for not believing in this team please cut off the lights?

18. West Virginia - I need to see more of these guys.

19. Michigan State - John L. Smith is a tard. How do you screw up a final possession of a half so badly?

20. Florida - the Meyer Express still struggles to score points. If LSU holds on to the ball a little better this is a 2 TD beating.

21. Louisville - I wonder if Tuberville smiles when he hears that Petrino has lost another game? I would.

22. Tennessee - I feel bad about putting these guys here. Vandy played us tougher.

23. Virginia - Who knows. Can they handle success? Will they wet the bed vs. Maryland?

24. Colorado - I should be on the CU payroll. I've had them ranked more than anyone else in America.

25. Minnesota - Only ranked here because the idea of ranking TCU, Fresno, Georgia Tech, Cal or Nebraska sickens me.

Dropped Out
Cal

New:
UVA

3 comments:

ATL_eagle said...

Paul:

Virginia already wet the bed against Maryland.

Anonymous said...

I guess I will be a "bitter ender" on this. Both FSU and Miami have each lost one game. Miami's one loss was to FSU, ergo FSU should still be ranked ahead of Miami based upon the play of the two teams to date.

I don't know if your comments concerning FSU were in part directed towards me, but I am not an FSU fan.

BTW, good job in your prediction of the LSU/UF game. LSU did indeed blitz a lot. How could the UF coaches have not also anticipated it? "They're not supposed to be able to do that"?!? They sound naive. At least ZOOK! knew what SEC football was like.

Anonymous said...

Paul,

Why the love for Ohio State? They've lost to two of the three ranked teams they've played this year.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan