Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

December 29, 2005

Biggest Ref Screw Job Ever

So I watched the Michigan vs. Nebraska game last night. Worst officiating ever.

At least when Al Ford and his crew killed the Dawgs in 1999 vs. Tech, they didn't have instant replay as a resource. They couldn't go back and review the non-fumble by Jasper Sanks even if they wanted to.

Last night, the refs did have instant replay and consisently refused to use it. Lloyd Carr had to call two timeouts in the second half to get them to review questionable plays. He was 1 for 2 on his reviewed plays. However, the loss of the two timeouts cost Michigan the ball game late. Watch for the Michigan Bloggers to go nuts as they sober up enough to post their thoughts. (Most are still in mourning so they haven't posted their rants/thoughts yet)

It was the worst officiated game that I've seen since the 1988(ish) Middleton High School vs. Strom Thurman High School football game in the South Carolina State playoffs. During that game, I saw a referee block a punt for Strom's boys at home in the rain costing my Middleton High Razorbacks the game. A travashamockery that tops even the Sun Belt officials making up fake rules in last night's UM vs. Huskers duel.


[Photo: Friggin racist, viril old coot and his paid off refs screwed my Hogs big time. Not that I'm still bitter or anything. But Hootie and I took it pretty hard.]

pwd

3 comments:

mhofeld said...

The officiating was really, really bad in that game last night. How about the final play of the game with about 50 players on the field!

Anonymous said...

At least it made a crappy game entertaining. I agree...worst officiating I've ever seen.

Yost said...

Paul,

As a Michigan fan, while I think Nebraska deserved to win, the officiating was HORRIFIC! And we sobered up enough on our little corner of cyberspace to post the letter that was written to the head of the Sun Belt Officials whose crew worked the game.

http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/

Great site here, keep up the good work.

And good luck in your bowl game...I have you in my pool!

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan