Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

March 7, 2006

500,000 Page Views for Georgia Sports Blog

Georgia Sports Blog in its current form combined with its old URL at Paulwesterdawg.blogspot.com, just broke 500,000 page views today.

RoyOrbisonDawg, my brother, says that my dad is responsible for at least 495,000 of those page views. Thanks to everyone who reads the site. I'm not sure when the site "went live," but I didn't find my groove and really start posting regularly until April. The bulk of the traffic has been over the past 9 months, and the pivotal moment of growth was the invitation to participate in the Blog Poll.

First, a huge shout out to Dawgnoxious, the Joan Rivers of the Georgia Sports Blog.

Thanks again to everyone that visits, comments and links. In particular (and in no particular order) the folks at:
DawgBone.net
DawgRun.com
DawgPost.com
UGASports.com
EveryDayShouldBeSaturday
MGoBlog
DawgSports.com
Hey, Jenny Slater
What's the Good Word
TennVolChamp
Schembechler Hall
GoldenTornado.net
The Gunslinger
The Drizzle
BurntOrangeNation
Sexy Results
SiOnCampus
I'm A Realist
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer
We Are the Boys
Anti-Orange Page

And everyone else on my blog roll.

Also thanks to guys like JeromeFromDecatur, AaronFullen, SaxonDawg, 81Dog, Mike Floyd, Apu, UgasHome and others who have contributed in the past.

500,000 page views. Who woulda thunk it?

pwd

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy 500k how long has your blog been up?

Unknown said...

the old site went up over a year ago, but i would go a month between posting b/c I didn't know what i wanted it to be about.

In April 2005, I started to post more, and by May I sorta found a groove.

C. Paul said...

Congrats!! My favorite read on the Dawgs.

Keep it up-

Ludakit said...

Ya know, I'm kind of hurt I wasn't thrown into the "people who made this happen" category. I mean my links alone must've thrown at least a good baker's dozen or so your way.

Just kidding man, but congratulations are in order. This site is like the bird flu. It's an epidemic that not everyone has caught, but when they do, they're lifers.

Bad analogy. Good Blog.

Astronaut Mike Dexter said...

You've definitely earned every hit -- congratulations and keep it up! Can't wait for the big G-Day tailgate in a month.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Paul! You'll be at seven figures in no time!

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan