Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

May 11, 2006

Banging My Head Against the Wall

Blogging college sports right now is tough. Outside of baseball...nothing is happening.

Orson feels my pain as he's writing about Stoops flying with the Blue Angels. Once you start blogging that and giving as much attention to womens athletics as I have lately, you KNOW it's the silly season.

And while I'm at it. Let me just make a public service announcement to all recruits and athletes who are involved in any kind of absurd, ridiculous or negative story. On behalf of all bloggers I beg you to give us a day or two before you defuse the situation.

For instance....The TebowGate / CJ Spiller story. As most of you know, Clemson tried to turn UF in for violations involving Tebow "allegedly" visiting Spiller illegally in an attempt to sway him the night before signing day. The story was bizarre enough and I'm bored enough this offseason that I wrote this really off beat story comparing Tebow to Dinero's character in Taxi Driver driving Spiller around all night. The analogy extended to Spiller as the Jodie Foster hooker character, and Tommy Bowden as the Pimp.

It was dark, facinating, sorta funny and about 80% finished when I read that Spiller has defused the entire situation. Well that just dropped a big old turd in my punch bowl.

These kids need to be more considerate. Give us blogger some time to put together nice parody pieces and let ideas develop. These bang-bang story-no story pieces give us blogger very little time to work.

All I'm saying is...What about me? What about my needs? Bloggers need more student-athletes like Ian "Tater Salad" Smith, and less like CJ Spiller.


Ian Smith. Friend of the Blogger Community.

pwd

7 comments:

Dawgnoxious said...

I agree tennis should get a little more attention, but not the golf. Tennis is a sport. Golf would be covered in a "Georgia Leisure Activities Blog".

Anonymous said...

Dawgnoxious only thinks that golf is not a sport because he is not athletic enough to hit a golf ball - tee or no tee.

Dawgnoxious said...

If my poor performance of something turned it into a sport, everything would be a sport.

The difficulty of a thing does not make it a sport. Brain surgery is difficult. Brain surgery is also not a sport.

Unknown said...

Like Nascar for instance. Not a sport. More of a well paid lesiure activity.

But Horse Racing is a sport. Only the participants are the horses. Not the jockeys.

Sex is an athletic event that's not a sport. Well....unless you're racing to see who finishes first.

pwd

jonathantu said...

I feel your pain. I wrote this entire article last year predicated on UCLA being overly optimistic about their 3-0 or 4-0 start due to Dorrellian geometry making numbers less important than feeling, and they go and have a two loss season on me.

I emailed AD Dan Guerrero with a piece of my mind but he never had the courtesy to holla back.

Anonymous said...

I would call golf a game, in the same category as chess or Halo. Sure you have to be able to move in all three, but not move athleticly. Liesure activities would include sex and blogging. NASCAR falls into the seperate category of "motorsport." I would almost put horse racing into the same category as dog show.

Anonymous said...

Want to add that just because it's shown on ESPN does not mean it is a sport. I have seen the National Scrabble Championshiop and the Dungeons and Dragons Nationals Championship on ESPN a couple of years ago. Golf is more of a sport than those two things...at least you have to walk a good bit for golf. Counts more in my book as a sport than target-shooting, pool, bowling, etc etc

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan