So IHeartFinebaumDawg calls me and tells me that he attended the UGA vs. UT softball game yesterday in which Georgia topped the #4 ranked Lady Vols to win the SEC East.
So on the call he informs me, "You know son, I believe I'd root against UT in a turd throwing contest." To wit my brother, RoyOrbisonDawg, ask the obvious question. "How would they score a turd throwing contest? Distance of the turd fling? Volume of turds flung? Or coverage of turds upon your opponent?" There are no easy answers. Regardless, we all agreed that UT wouldn't be pulled for in such an affair.
Not a turd flinging.
Other quick hitters:
- Congrats to Shockley for gaining the opportunity to make the team here in Atlanta. He'll probably make the squad as a 3rd team QB. His season will be very similar to what Greene experienced last year in Seattle. Meaning, he'll get virtually zero snaps after the season starts. However, it's a shot and a payday.
- Good luck to Musa Smith. The often injured running back for the Ravens will likely get his walking papers soon. The biggest bummer of them all....PJ Daniels will likely get his roster spot. Here's hoping Musa gets healthy.
- But it's not all praise for the Falcons. No idea why the Falcons felt the need to sign the WR from Fresno State. You can get journeymen WRs in Free Agency 1 hour after the draft ends. Why spend a 6th round pick on one when you could've signed a DT or OL. Sanity be damned I guess.
Big Max in action
- The Eagles drafted Max Jean-Gilles and will have one of the biggest OLs in the NFL next year. Max will line up at the OG spot opposite of Shawn Andrews. Together they are about 710 lbs of road grading domination (hat tip to begger for making the Andrews connection)
- Georgia had 13 players selected in the last two drafts combined. 40 players since 2000. Georgia Tech had 3 this year and none last year. Initially, I was a bit shocked that Eric Henderson didn't get drafted, but the scouting report from NFL.com on his work ethic, speed and aggression was pretty brutal. After reading it, I could see why his phone didn't ring.
Oh...back to that phone call with IHeartFinebaumDawg...On the call he out of the blue also announced, "I think I prefer female athletes with big butts." To each his own I guess.