Autzen Stadium. Home of the Oregon Ducks.
This was talked about back in May, and it looks like the possible contract with Oregon is still alive. DawgBone.net tips us off to a Seattle Post article mentioning that Oregon is still working with UGA on a contract for a home and home series in football. Highlight of the article:
Oregon has fought hard to earn legitimacy, and the program's ambitions under Bellotti and athletic director Bill Moos have paid off with the ultimate sign of respect: home-and-home game contracts with big-time foes.The original Athens-Banner Herald article from May said the series wouldn't begin until 2014.
The Ducks are putting the finishing touches on a contract with Georgia, a program notorious for refusing to travel outside the Southeast. The Bulldogs will join a list of past and future Autzen Stadium visitors that includes Michigan, Oklahoma and Tennessee. The idea of consistently luring those types of teams to Eugene would have seemed ludicrous 15 years ago.
UGA future non-conference foes (source: Sicemdawgs.com)
- 2006 - Colorado (home), GT (home), UAB (home) and WKU (home)
- 2007 - ??? (home), GT (away), Troy (home) and Western Carolina (home)
- 2008 - Arizona State (away), GT (home), ???, and Georgia Southern
- 2009 - Arizona State (home), GT (away), ??? and Appy State
- 2010 - Colorado (away), GT (home) and ???
- 2011 - Louisville (home), GT (away) and ???
- 2012 - Louisville (away), GT (home) and ???
- 2013 - Clemson (away)*, GT (away) and ???
- 2014 - Clemson (home)*, GT (home) and ???
*That's not a misprint on the Clemson home/away dates.