Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

September 27, 2006

Cheerleaders and Joe Pa's Bowels


Image: MZone

Hail to the Soccer Moms -- You're not going to believe the new cheerleader uniforms at Michigan. If you're into the Soccer Mom, LPGA or MILF scenes, this might be your bag. If you're into Cougars, you won't dig this or any other uni on a woman under the age of 50.

Joe Pa's Poo -- Between TurdGate and Joe Pa's run for the crapper, this site has become your one stop shop for news of the odd doo (for better or worse). FanBlogs.com gives me a run for my money on best headline in the JoePa PooSprintGate. "Joe Pa Loses to #1, Surrenders to #2."

The All Night Diner of My Mind -- In unrelated news, REM sat in on Five Eight's REM tribute show at the 40 Watt a few weeks ago. File this under the heading. Things I didn't see, but wish I did.

pwd

7 comments:

C. Paul said...

Great find on the 5-8/REM item. I was in Athens from 1989-93 and saw 5-8 many times and probably thought they were better than they were. Saw them one time with Roosevelt - awesome show.

"He was the greatest man, certain like no other....god d*** it paul, you're the death of us all"
5-8 "God D*** It Paul" from I Learned Shut Up

Anonymous said...

Video of the show here (and it was numerous Athens bands, not just Five-Eight, covering REM):

http://www.thedayjobs.com/2006/09/rem-video-fiesta.html

Darren

Unknown said...

I'd put "I Learned Shut Up" against any college rock album of the 1990s.

The Lou Reed cover of "I can't stand it" is unstoppable. And I'm a huge fan of "Dawn of Son Melody."

The entire album is amazing.

I loved the first 3 albums. I just downloaded some stuff from the last two.

C. Paul said...

Five Eight was one of my three favorite college bands ever. My favorite songs by them:

My Sister is So Strange
God D*** It Paul
Suit of Sin
Missing Link
Ralph Newman

I thought they might be big for a while but it never panned out (kind of like Dreams So Real).

Jmac said...

That tribute show rocked, and I'm not really an R.E.M. or Five Eight fan.

I was particularly impressed by Tin Cup Prophette that evening.

Ludakit said...

I wish I could've been there myself. REM played right before Modern Skirts, who I believe might just be the next big thing to come out of Athens, if The Whigs don't beat them to it.

Speaking of the Skirts, if you haven't listened to them yet, I'd suggest y'all take the time to. But that's my own opinion. I'm also the guy who thought we'd beat Colorado 34-10.

Anonymous said...

That REM Tribute show was badass. The REM set was amazing and absolutely worth the drive over from the city state.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan