Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

November 14, 2006

Lego My Buckeye

Lego + College Football Fan Mania = Zen?


Buckeye Devotion in Lego

I'm a Lego man from wayback. Legos fascinate me. One of the hidden perks of fatherhood would have to be purchasing a jillion Legos and Lincoln Logs "for my kid." In fact, one of my vivid childhood memories is discovering in October that Grandmother Westeraubie had purchased and hidden a huge box of Legos for me as a Christmas gift...only to learn on Christmas Day that she had returned the item in favor of...books and socks.

So with that in mind, I can appreciate and even admire the ambition behind building a full 1:275 scale replica of Ohio Stadium out of Lego. However, I can't wrap my arms around the project taking 2000 man-hours over a 2.5 year period. That's around 15 hours per week of work. That's where I step off the admiration train, and would suggest...."Dude, you need to get laid."

Deadspin has more info and pictures on Jim Stricker's Lego Stadium project. More photos on the builder's web site. Check the Deadspin comments on this including gems such as:
  • "Can he do a Lego re-enactment of Woody Hayes smacking that guy in the Gator Bowl in '78?"
  • "That's not accurate at all. There should be a few dozen couches on fire just outside of the stadium."
  • "I'm surprised he didn't build it out of Duplo. I've underestimated the Buckeye."
More pics.





PWD

5 comments:

Astronaut Mike Dexter said...

Hell, I still play with Legos. I think every adult should have a favorite toy from their childhood they still like. And the Lego 'Shoe reproduction is pretty fricking awesome.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Lego Brent Musburger is in the press box?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the burning need for this guy to get laid. Great post!

OhioDawg

Anonymous said...

I found this website while searching for the "Ohio Stadium built from Legos". I am builder of the Lego stadium and am proud of it. There seems to be a lot of mystery surrounding the person who built this (or people wrongfully claiming to be the builder). Truth be told, I am the guy who did it. For comments or critism, I can be reached directly at srbadenhop@yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

Look like some other people added some real-life LEGO Buckeye fans and burning cars: http://mvictors.com/?p=123

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan