Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

April 3, 2007

West Virginia's NIT T-Shirts not Championship quality


Fun with spelling.

I somehow missed this one last week. WVU's NIT championship shirts were spelled wrong. They left out the second third "i" in Virginia. It's awfully hard to take their tourney seriously at moments like this. WVU blames the NIT.

See Also:
-- Seriously, you should be very honored - DeadSpin
-- West Vagina is my favorite state - With Leather

PWD

(The irony of me miscounting the # I's is pretty thick)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er, uh... Paul, I think it's the third "i" that's missing.

Anonymous said...

Actually, they misspelled it all together. That first "i" should have been an "a"!!!!! :-) :-)

Unknown said...

Nice catch senator.

There's some thick irony for you. lol

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised anyone from West Virginia noticed the misspelling, quite frankly. Its a miracle they walk upright.

Anonymous said...

I'm more surprised there haven't been any couch burning episodes reported.

That tells you in how little regard an NIT title is held these days.

Anonymous said...

Well, the healthy debate between Paul and Bluto shows that however many "i's" there are in "Virginia" (some linguists argue for as many as four), it's entirely too many and needs to be cut back. A rich state like the Commonwealth of Virginia can support three "i's", but it's just too much for West Virgina to take on.

I heard some patio furniture got a little scorched, but no couches actually ignited.

oreo said...

West Virginia and spelling mistakes...is that really surprising?

What really surprises me is that they actually had NIT champions t-shirts made out before the game took place. Don't get me wrong, I wish my team had won the NIT...but come one, this is the NIT folks!!!

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan