1. Darren McFadden (Arkansas RB) - If the list didn't begin here, it wouldn't be worth reading. For my money, he's the best player in the country in 2007. I like Lumpkin, Brown, Moreno and King, but comparing them to McFadden is like comparing the car in your driveway to Jeff Gordon's Monte Carlo.
2. Andre Smith (Bama's OT) - During 2006, the Super Sophomore looked like one of the most dominating true freshmen OTs in many years. He was the lone bright spot on an otherwise horrific Bama offensive line. The big fella is reportedly in better shape this season, and he's already on every national watch list of interest. He would immediately start for the Dawgs at Left Tackle, and we'd all feel a lot better about next season without a true freshman OT starting for us.
Quentin Groves. The baddest 40 year old in the SEC.
3. Quentin Groves (Auburn DE) - It seems that Groves has been at Auburn since Stan White's freshman year. With
LSU WRs. Go figure.
4. Earl Bennett (WR, Vandy) - I could have just as easily listed Early Doucet at LSU. While Bennett doesn't have the top end speed of Doucet, I can't help but think of "The Kneel" when I think LSU receivers. (See above)
5. Jasper Brinkley (MLB, SC) - Maybe Brandon Miller is Ray Lewis meets Mike Singletary (without the bad glasses and bloody knife). But I like the way the run stuffing Gamecock plays. I thought about listing Phillip Wheeler (LB, Georgia Tech). He would've been an excellent choice as well.
Who are your Top 3-5 players from our rivals / neighbors? That you would love to see wearing Red and Black.
-- Great McFadden Highlight Video -- Warning Explicit Lyrics (YouTube)