Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

November 30, 2007

Hartman Fund Time: Call Your Banker

It's that time again. Time to decide what you want more: Georgia football tickets, a full gas tank for your SUV, early retirement, or to pay for your kid's college education. That's right, it's time to make your donation to the Hartman Fund! Forms have been mailed out already. If you want the opportunity to buy Georgia season football tickets, pay up. The athletic department has sent out its annual list of demands.

Here's the chart for away game tickets:
and extra home game tickets:
For those of you who had trouble with charts when you were in elementary school, allow me to give you a real world example. If I am a renewable season ticket holder and I wanted two tickets to the LSU game next year, I need to give at least $500 before the Hartman Fund deadline. (This should not be a problem because I am likely to have made a donation of at least that much to get my season tickets.) But, I only get the right to buy those tickets if I've already given at least $22,000 since 1965. Then, assuming I qualify, I will fight it out with the rest of the qualifiers to see who get seats. The more I've given, the more likely I am to get tickets.

The deadline for donations to the Hartman Fund is February 15, 2008. You have about two and a half months to come up with the cash.

Quinton

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is the Tennessee home game missing from that donation list?

Anonymous said...

That chart is for single game tickets. No single game tickets are sold for the larger home games like Tennessee.

blackertai said...

"...or we send Rocko and Basher to take your legs. Decide soon."

Jesus, $22,000? How are new graduates suppose to compete with this? My $600 class ring has set me back a good bit, much less a $500 dollar donation to maybe get tickets.

Anonymous said...

New season tickets will set you back more than $500. Last year, new tickets only went to donors who had donated at least $1991. The year before it was around $1500. It would be nice if new alums got a few points for graduating.

Anonymous said...

Philanthropic Extortion

Joel said...

you think its nice when you are a recent grad.

But when you arent so recent anymore, its nice that they dont take your seats away - the seats you have been paying for for years

Anonymous said...

Crucify me, but I'd much rather watch it in HD anyway.

Jen said...

The year I graduated (2002), Georgia subsidized the first donation year, so I didn't have to give $500.. just had to pay for the tickets ($400). I'm not sure if it was a low season ticket year or what, but they discontinued it for every year after me.

Anonymous said...

Hell, my senior year in high school ('97) I remember going to Butts Mehre the day before the first game and dropping $120 for season tickets. Of course winning breeds bandwagon jumpers, the same people who were calling for Richt's head earlier this year. At this point I'm happy just to have home games and the occasional Jax or bowl trip. I love the Dawgs but I'm in a different income bracket than we are catering to these days.

Anonymous said...

...looks like it's about time for another stadium expansion.....

Anonymous said...

1) Pick one or two games per year to watch in-person via scalpers ($100-$150 per ticket)

2) Watch the majority of Georgia Games in HD (Sunken DirecTV cost)

3) Suffer missing Georgia play Troy or Georgia Southern in local pay-per-view restricted game because UGA forgets TV is in the 21st century. (I'll deal with it)

4) Spend all saved money on high-end, micro-brewed beer

Not playing the season ticket rip-off game = Winning strategy

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan