The UCLA/UT game is covered under the Pac-10's contract so normally it wouldn't impact UGA much. However, it might put us one more step closer to confirming that UGA will play Central Michigan on Sept. 6th at 12:30 pm on LF Sports. (It's a long convoluted reason involving ESPN/ABC and their Pac-10 deal).
It's not official yet. If I'm wrong, I'm only off by 30 minutes and it's a non-televised thing. Keep in mind that there are no CBS games in Weeks 1-2 because of tennis coverage. ESPN is also getting two SEC games that week because of a Thursday night contest involving SC/Vandy. So the world wide leader will likely only take one game on Sept. 6th.
Other SEC games that week:
- Tulane at Alabama - less attractive than UGA game
- UL-Monroe at Arkansas
- Southern Miss at Auburn - less attractive match-up
- Miami at Florida - Likely
- Central Michigan at UGA - Top 3 Georgia vs. the MAC champ
- Norfolk State at Kentucky - UK is playing railroad workers?
- Troy at LSU - less attractive than UGA game
- SE-Louisiana at Mississippi State
- Ole Miss at Wake Forest - ACC TV Package so no impact on us
- South Carolina at Vandy - Thursday Night on ESPN
- Tennessee - Idle