Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

June 12, 2008

Knowshon Moreno Rumors

Richt debunked the non-sense Moreno rumors floating around a few weeks ago while speaking at the Augusta Bulldog Club.
Richt shot down Internet rumors that coaches had sent home star tailback Knowshon Moreno last month. It was the first question posed to him by fans. "We did not send him home," Richt said. "I'm the only one in charge of being able to send anybody home and I didn't send him home. Knowshon is a wonderful guy and wonderful spirit.
Look guys...I'm no genius, but I know this. If Mark Richt were pissed at his franchise tailback, the LAST thing he would do is let him out of his sight. Stupidest load of bullshit rumor in a while.

(image: Hipple)

Every season some douche bag creates a rumor about a star player being in trouble. Every year it's false (except for the Paul Oliver story...one out of 100 ain't exactly a solid batting average).

All that said, Moreno did get into some "trouble" way back in October 2006 (his redshirt year) over a noise violation involving a minor celebration in his dorm room after the Ole Miss win. Apparently Moreno didn't make the trip with the team, and he was having a good time in his room ... well within the acceptable time frame for making noise.

Long story short, he was cited for the noise and the student judiciary forced him to write a 2 page paper on noise pollution as punishment. What follows is spiteful comedy of the highest order.I was sent the original Red and Black article a few days ago by their editorial adviser. I didn't take the time to read the hysterical Moreno retort / punishment paper PDF so I missed all of the comedy. I simply thought someone at the R&B had too much time on his hands and was nit picking an athlete. Opportunity missed on my part.

Next time, maybe they'll put the funny stuff in the article.

Related Merchandise:PWD

7 comments:

Hobnail_Boot said...

SMQ also has a great parody up.

Anonymous said...

http://www.sundaymorningqb.com/2008/6/12/550800/i-see-now-that-what-we-did

Anonymous said...

This is how I see that conversation going down... oh, and The Knowshon will now be called KnowRockMore by me heretofore:

Friend of KnowRockMore: "Can you do a backflip?"

KnowRockMore: "Yes, I can. But if I do, the world as we know it will cease to exist from the overload on the awesome meter that my backflip would cause. You see, I have superhuman skills, but I'm only allowed to break off about one-fitty at a time. If I don't contain my awesomeness to a reasonable level, consequences ensue. Say for instance, I run for two-hundy against Florida. Flowers will spontaneously bloom in the middle of the winter, men will weep like little girls, and all women within a two-hundred-mile radius will spontaneously conceive a child. Such is the awesomeness of KnowRockMore."

Friend of KnowRockMore: "So... that's a no on the backflip then?"

Anonymous said...

Moreno's paper is pretty funny and Brad Harmon is a tool.

Anonymous said...

So according to the facebook link in the comments section at EDSBS, Brad is getting his PhD at UGA yet is a Tech fan (along with Duke and Furman). He also attended South Carolina for his MS.

I'm thinking Knowshon could get his flag thrown out on the basis of a conflict of interest for Brad. Seriously, we're letting a GT fan be in charge of discipline for the dorm where all of underclassman football players live? How stupid can we be?

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad no ninjas were involved.

Anonymous said...

Gee, he ended a sentence with a preposition.

Bench him immediately.

Seriously, I lived in a God-awful dorm in college that was built out of concrete blocks, which made for FANTASTIC acoustics. The basketball players used to play rap music at all hours of the night and you didn't dare complain. Yet, somehow I graduated with honors.

Frankly, I am thrilled with Knowshon's retort. Though his punctuation isn't that great, it reads very well.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan