- Ohio State - OSU fans are still waiting on official word regarding Beanie Wells injury status. The current status is "no broken bones." And the rumblings are leaning towards his return vs. Southern Cal on Sept. 13th. See: Outside the Beanie Box
- Mississippi State - Jamar Chaney, linebacker from Mississippi State is out for the season with a leg fracture. Chaney was arguably the best player on the MSU team. Losing him will make it dramatically tougher to defend Paul Johnson's triple option in Week 4. MSU needs that win over Tech...badly. If they lose that game, they have to go 4-4 in the SEC to land a bowl game. See: MSU Schedule
- Auburn - The Tigers banged up 3 wide receivers and a QB against UL-M. Promising freshman WR Philip Pierre-Louis has been lost for the season. Otherwise, everyone should be in reasonably good shape for the Mississippi State game in Week 3. The offense on the other hand...needs some work.
- Florida - The Gators could get three players back from injuries including Percy Harvin and Brandon Spikes (LB). Getting them back in time for the Miami game is enormous for the program. Keep an eye on Harvin to see how healthy he really is. See: Gators prepare to "Crush Miami."
- Alabama - All-Galaxy offensive tackle Andre Smith is questionable for the Tulane game with a knee sprain suffered against Clemson. It doesn't sound very severe so I'd expect him back sooner rather than later. See Also: Tulane prepares for Tide under adverse conditions.