See...we've filled it before.
Getting to know Mark Fox and understanding his plans for the program starts with establishing his narrative. When you understand what makes the guy tick, it makes it easier to understand or visualize how he might address our basketball challenges.
I mostly enjoyed the initial press conference because Fox presented himself as a confident yet humble guy who said the magic words...he knows how to develop off the radar talent into NBA players.
However, the press conference didn't really get into issues like...how is he going to turn us around? Some of that may be attributable to the hastily arranged marriage between UGA and Fox, and some of it is due to the weak sauce series of questions about flight schedules, interview processes, etc. I'd rather have heard more about his approach and vision.
Anyway, the getting to know you process went into full gear Saturday:
- Driven to Excel - Steve Hummer of the AJC should write more about the UGA program. His feature story on Fox's entry into the profession and work ethic is solid.
- Fox's strengths could change the program - David Ching talks about the coach's established record of attracting and developing talent.
- Whirlwind Opportunity - David Hale talks about the hire.
- DawgPost.com's Video Interview - Good stuff from the press conference and more by Dean Legge. Not sure if that's subscriber content or not.
- Mark Fox as Pitchman - This is an article from last month about Mark Fox's evolution into more of an ambassador / front man for the Nevada program. Our program desperately needs a face, and it's going to have to be the coach until recruiting picks up. (ht - hot dawg)
- Tidbit on Mark's Wife - Cindy was actually born in Athens