Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

June 16, 2009

Tailgating with the Vol Navy in Knoxville?

I personally think the Vol Navy is one of the cooler and more underrated traditions in the SEC, and I'd like to get a closer look at that signature Knoxville experience.

In the past, I think that I've seen Dawg fans with boats docked at Neyland Stadium alongside the Volunteer Navy. So my question is...how do I tailgate with some of you guys? I'll bring the bourbon/beer, and I'd be happy to document your boat's awesomeness on the blog for the rest of the SEC to behold, admire and/or covet.

Shoot me an email if you're interested in talking:
decaturdawg (at] hotmail (dot] com

Heck...if you're a good natured Vol Fan looking to show off your boat pregame, I'd like to talk with you, too. Especially if you're the owner of one of the larger boats.

PWD

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I paddle my canoe with a "BIG ORANGE SUCKS" sign on the side and you can bring your beer and document how awesome it looks.

Anonymous said...

You motor-botin son of a gun.

shliknik said...

I might have you a boat....but it is owned by TN fans. On the bright side the UGA/UT ratio of fans aboard will (hopefully) be about 50/50.

My wife and I (and all our siblings) went to UGA, but it seems our brothers and sisters made their way to UT for graduate school....hmmmm.. not sure why that is.....

Nothing is confirmed yet, but when I spoke with them last week, drinking on a boat before the game is the plan! If nothing better pops up (like a boat flowing with alcohol and nekkid cuties), you can always contact me.

Red Dawg said...

Don't forget your swim trunks and your flippie floppies.

PTC DAWG said...

You're right about the Vol Navy..it's a pretty cool thing to experience.

Universal Remonster said...

Do you have a nautical themed pashmani afghan?

godawg said...

It's a fun experience. Me and some other Dawg fans rented a big houseboat one year and took it up from my lakehouse on Watts Bar. We hired a captain to take through the locks and home safely because nobody wanted to not drink. We had a sign "Dawg Navy," flags and a sound system blaring the Redcoats and Munson. Everyone was real friendly to us and we had a blast.

Now I live on Tellico Lake (still have the other house at Watts Bar too) and my wife is Director of Sales for a brand new suite hotel by the airport. Because they're new they have vacancies for the game weekend and she'll give a special rate for Dawg fans. It's only about 15 minutes to Neyland Stadium. If you want info email me at bichonherder@yahoo.com and I'll tell you how to contact her and get a reservation.

WOOF!

Anonymous said...

I'M ON A BOAT!!!!

Sorry, somebody had to do it.

Chris Myers said...

some how the Boats and Hoes reference and music video was left out of this....that should be corrected.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Veqz8W98iA

Anonymous said...

Well played Westerdawg. After making the comment yesterday about "burnout" you come back today and flaunt one of the perks of blogdom. Nice work

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan