Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

July 14, 2009

Best Blogs that Cover the Bulldogs

Ryan at BulldawgIllustrated.com named the Georgia Sports Blog as one of the top blogs covering the UGA program. The guy has great tastes what can I say:

Sharp writing, solid coverage of UGA sports across the board, and little insider tips make this among my personal favorite sports blogs. The posts are short, insightful, and always have great pictures. Some highlights from this blog's past include leaked pictures of the junked Ramblin' Wreck and the TECH Fund checkout code so UGA fans could buy mini-season ticket packages for the Georgia game at the Joke by Coke in 2007. Damn Good Dawgs!

BTW -- Speaking of me having tidbits...the Hartman Fund cut-off scores for football should come out this week. Likely as early as tomorrow. My guess on the scores based on rumblings I've been hearing for months:

Home Season Tickets:
4-5k (applies only to those that didn't buy last year)

Road Games:
Ok State - 28-33k
ARK - none
UT - 26-28k
VU - 15k (I'm most shaky on this one)
UF - 11k
UF Club-Level - I have no idea
GT - 26-28k

So my guesses are public. Feel free to mock me when the real numbers are announced. Or you can mock now I guess.

PWD

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're on the high side for all but Ok State.

Ubiquitous GA Alum said...

By the way, the North Ave Trade School 3 game pack does not include UGA. Only season tickets ... Yeah that'll last I'm sure.

There's no way they sell out that dump with season ticket holders. They'll have to announce single game tickets at some point and I'll scarf some up for less than I would've paid for the 3 Game Pack ... =)

www.GeorgiaTechSucks.com said...

I hope you're right about the season tickets cut off. I didn't get tickets last year or in '07. I had 7,000 points! DAMN YOU PRE-SEASON NUMBER ONE HYPE!!!

Streit said...

The cut off for new season tickets was right around 4,200 points. I got my reject letter and refund on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I have 22,500 points, and I got a letter on May 21 from UGA that gave me an opportunity to order Tennessee tickets because not enough orders were filled with the March orders.

www.FloridaSucksToo.com said...

Streit,

This is for shor?

PTC DAWG said...

Vandy tickets in Nashville are the EASIEST SEC Road tickets in the world. I never have tickets in hand when I go up there.

JasonC said...

Ryan's top 3 are the 3 UGA blogs I check daily. Each offer a little different content and it is usually really solid stuff. Hale would be my #4, but in all honesty, he could easily be #1.

www.VandyWho?.com said...

It's insane that the ticket cut off went from over ten grand to below five. In '07 the points cut off was around 2,100. I wonder when the last time it was that the points cut off doubled in two years.

Anybody interested in a can of Battlin' Bulldog Beer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190320339773&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

Anonymous said...

The cut-off for OSU is going to be a down-side surprise. Based on past cut-offs for SEC games where we get 7-10,000 tickets, the demand we saw for tickets to ASU last year, and the 4,500 seat allotment we received from OSU, I have been convinced this was going to require a 33-35,000 score, but my ticket office sources have told me the number is going to be closer to 26-27,000.

Apparently orders only exceeded our OSU allocation by 400-500. When you consider that essentially everyone was able to order 2 or 4 if they desired, that suggests the cut-off will be further back on the curve than might have been expected.

Andy said...

Cool! I used to have one of those beer cans. I'm not sure what happened to it; pretty sure I didn't drink it. . .

mitch said...

A cutoff for Vandy? I cant remember having a cutoff for Vandy in recent years.

Uga VII in '08 said...

Woof

Football Dude said...

Season Ticket Cutoff - 4205
ASU - 18050
LSU - 32500
UK - 10000
UT - 21950
ARK - All filled
TT - All filled

Others - TBD (by end of month)

tacocasadawg said...

Oky State will be less than 20K

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan