Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

August 14, 2009

South Carolina loses starting DT for UGA game

The State is reporting that Gamecock defensive tackle Ladi Ajiboye will miss the first three games of the season for South Carolina due to a suspension following an arrest on possession of weed charges. They play the Georgia Bulldogs in Week 2. Ladi found the bright side:

If there was a silver lining to his situation, Ajiboye said his inactivity while suspended for spring practice caused him to lose 25 pounds from last season's playing weight of 300. "I feel like that worked out for the better because I feel like I'm in better shape because I lost so much fat," Ajiboye said. "I was pretty fat, I'm not going to lie. It wasn't all muscle."

Now, I've never been an SEC caliber athlete, but I do know a little something about "inactivity" as I most certainly subscribed to the chiseled "Body by Playstation" look. As an expert, I can tell you that inactivity doesn't cause one to lose weight. I'm also not a drug user, but I would suggest that cutting down on the weed may have been a factor in the weight loss big fella.

Ajiboye had started 22 games over the past two years for the Chickens. This will only help as Georgia works to establish ownership of the line of scrimmage in this game.

See Also:
-- Tickets: South Carolina Gamecocks at Georgia

PWD

10 comments:

Ben in Georgia said...

I've actually never met a fat pothead. Maybe it was a once a week or month treat for him. I doubt that had much at all to do with his weight and subsequent loss. Either way, great news for us!

Stephen said...

It's good news for Georgia, but let's hope he straightens up and does what he needs to do. Dont want to see anyone go the wrong way. Maybe its just weed, and he has a good attitude about it, but still hope he does the right thing.

GO Dawgs

h0bnail said...

I can't believe he's not just suspended for 3 OOC pansy games.

Anonymous said...

Body by Playstation...LoL

Anonymous said...

I much prefer hearing about players losing playing time due to extracurriculars than injuries. I know it sounds crazy, but after last season I feel for all teams (Gayturds included) losing players to Fall injuries.

Hobnail_Boot said...

Our OL should be able to maul the SC DL.

NRBQ said...

Then you should see my next-door neighbor, Ben.

6-4, way north of 300 pounds. Smokes more than Snoop Dog.

Although I gotta say, he does well as a national recruiter for a company whose name starts with micro and ends with soft, despite being a Clempson grad.

NCT said...

Way too much information, NRBQ. Be cool.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he has been on the Lendale White diet and given up tequila too.

dean said...

Atta-boy Ajiboye.

Most pot heads don't eat when they're stoned because it kills their buzz.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan