The autopsy from South Carolina's
However, the depth of ineptitude really is staggering from the game. Consider:
- 10 Play 5 Yard Drive - How exactly do you manage to work so cover such little real estate.
- 4th and Dumb - Spurrier turned the ball over on downs after going for it on 4th and 1 from his own 32 yard line. Your offensive line is a mess without a position coach, and you go for it on your own 32? UConn got an easy FG after that.
- Hot Potato - The Gamecocks couldn't catch...anything (~10 dropped passes, dropped INTs and dropped snaps for field goal opportunities).
- Gamecocks can't turn corner - Charleston Post
- Another dismal bowl performance - Myrtle Beach Sun
- Harder to Explain than Outback Bowl Loss - The State
- So Typical, So Carolina - Post-Courier
- Permanently Stuck in Neutral - TheState
- A coaching graveyard - Birmingham News
- Bowl Season Winners and Losers - Chattanooga Free Press
- Something old. Something News - Blutarsky