His other offers include Auburn and several mid-major programs. Georgia is out in front on Williams per the sites above. Here's why we should sign him:
- 1. We're down to 8 scholarship players right now. Nine including signee Cady Lalanne (PF).
2. We have the scholarship flexibility to take a project. We have 8 open scholarships (including Lalanne) to give over the next two seasons and possibly nine if Travis leaves. We have never in our history signed 9 legit high-major recruits in a two year period. It's not like the next Michael Jordan was going to use this scholarship.
3. Can he really be worse than Drazen? Therefore, signing him won't send us backwards.
4. He's at an elite HS program with multiple quality teammates in one of the better basketball counties within a 200 mile radius. We need a pipeline in that area.
5. Fox put several unknown recruits into the NBA. He's got an eye for this exact type of scenario. This isn't Dennis Felton with zero track record in this area bumbling into signing Troy Brewer...who's other offer was from a Baltimore Church League. This guy has a good track record with unknown signees.