Predicted order of finish:
- Alabama, with a bullet. They are the sexy pick for a reason. They are returning more people than the English did at Dunkirk. They have one of the top two running backs in the conference. They have three of the top ten defensive players in the conference returning. Plus, beyond LSU, the West looks beatable.
- LSU. Yeah, I know they will lose their staring QB. This is LSU. OF COURSE, they will. The Tigers will rely on defense again and hope the offense is enough. And it will be, for the most part.
- Mississippi State. Reif improves, but the Bizzaro Dawgs regress on defense. State will still have a good season and a bowl game. Any reason to leave Starkeville for another game is a good season.
- Arkansas. Before Davis got hurt, I'd probably flip them to 3. Davis got hurt.
- Auburn. I considered moving them above Arkansas. We'll see just how good Malzahn is this season.
- Mississippi. Good news: They will double their SEC win total. Bad news: They only won one. Hey, at least you don't go to school in Starkeville.