Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

November 23, 2011

You Shouldn't Have Made Fun of the Dawg

I hate Tech. Let me rephrase that. I normally disregard Tech, but hate them some. If they win, well, what do you expect, they play in the ACC. If they lose, well, what do you expect.

Now, I have had my share of fun at Tech's expense.  My favorite four:


1. The Ramblin' Wreck wrecked. No one got hurt. Hilarity.

2. Tech not winning, but still putting Georgia in the number one spot in the polls. How very Tech to tie the number one team, giving Georgia the top spot after the Georgia-Florida game in 1980.  Hey, kissing your sister isn't all that bad, if that is your only kiss.

3. Lying to the NCAA. Yeah, because your programs are so pristine.

3. Reggie Ball's counting skilz.

In my mind, it all comes down to them mocking the death of UGa.  Consistently.  Hey, if someone had gotten hurt in the Ramblin' Wreck crash, that would have been sad.  No one did.  I'd have been happy (for once) if they'd beaten Notre Dame that glorious November day. It doesn't surprise me they followed the Tressel/Tennessee route with the NCAA.  

Reggie Ball....I got nothing.  That shit is just funny.

I've said it once, and I'll say it until my dying day: "You shouldn't have made fun of The Dawg."
TD

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always read about dawgs rejoicing that day when Tech tied Notre Dame the day we beat Florida, but the question remains, even without that, we still would have played ND for the national championship from the #2 spot instead of the one spot....correct? So it didn't really matter either way, even if ND wins, they are #1 and we are #2...correct?

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan