New basement dweller. Same folks at the top. Majic 8ball in the middle and bottom. Road wins are kind of like Big 12 footbal defense: a great theory, but not a reality.
- Kentucky - The 'Cats will lose a game in the conference at some point. They tried really hard to do so Saturday at Tennessee.
- Vandy - Just win baby. Bet the Georgia game made Stallings hair fall out some more.
- Alabama - If this team learns to play consistent offense, they will be a tough out.
- Mississppi State - I honestly thought they were over rated. A gutsy win over Alabama made me realize I might have been wrong.
- Florida - Still not sure wins over the dregs of the conference should mean anything. At least they are beating the dregs of the conference.
- Arkansas - Anderson will have big success at Arkansas. He has a young team that isn't mentally tough enough to both play his punishing style of basketball and focus on playing to win. They will be very dangerous the later it gets in the conference slate.
- Mississippi - Not sure what to do with the Bears. On one hand, I think they are a talented basketball team. On the other, they sure don't play like it sometimes. They are 7th by default since I don't think they are in the top 6 or the bottom 5.
- Tennessee - Starting to show signs of life. Martin has them playing to the top of their potential and that isn't a good thing for the teams that had the Volunteers marked as a sure win.
- LSU - Rumors of Trent Johnson's demise were both exaggerated and premature. Which is what she said.
- Georgia - I would like to say something positive about the Dawgs: I love their mascot.
- Auburn - Well, at least I can use basketball instead of basektball for them.
- South Carolina - Could have had them 8th. Could have had them 13th. The bottom of the conference is just that bad.
It isn't a stretch to say the SEC could have only 3 teams in the NCAA tournament. It isn't a stretch to say the SEC could have 8 teams in the NCAA tournament.