I'd just like to ask that everyone wait until at least Nov. 23rd before we start venturing into full meltdown mode as it relates to basketball. In reality, Dec. 4th is the better date.
Here are the key dates to watch on the near horizon:
- Nov. 15th - UGA hosts a well coached USM team
- Nov. 19th - UGA vs. Indiana. Can we keep it quasi-competitive?
- Nov. 20th - UGA vs. UCLA or Georgetown. Can we keep it competitive?
- Nov. 22nd - The final day of the early signing period is Nov. 21st
- Nov. 23rd - UGA hosts ETSU at home.
- Nov. 30th - UGA at USF
- Dec. 4th - UGA at GT in the new McThriller Dome
I believe this could sort itself out very quickly without a lot of saber rattling from the fan base. Criticism is fine, but let's save the meltdown for another week or two.
Hopefully, the team will look better when Donte returns.