Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

December 31, 2012

Stuff to Remember: 1991 Citrus Bowl

I woke up this morning with a weird desire to begin to hate Nebraska. I generally disregard them, like I do most teams. It isn't like they are Notre Dame, whom I only root for against Florida and al-Qaeda (ED NOTE: I don't root for Notre Dame against Florida, I hope Florida sucks more). It isn't like they are Illinois, whom I pitty and think they should have to get some good luck at some point, having to endure Jeff George and Ron Zook and all.

When Nebraska plays, I may or may not root for them depending on opponent, but my stasis position on them is whatever. However, with them being our bowl opponent, I've been gathering steam towards keen dislike. Offhand comments from Taylor Martinez wasn't enough to get me too fired up earlier. The steady stream of OMG! Nebraska on ESPN isn't enough, either.

Like I said, I woke up this morning beginning to hate Nebraska. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, until Kyle King made me realize why: Those clowns are the ones that allowed Georgia Tech to embarrass them in the 1991 Citrus Bowl to move up a spot in the Coaches' Poll and be able to claim an illegitimate national championship. Yeah, that'll do it.

TD

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan