Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

July 24, 2013

Bret Bielema is a hypocrite

There has been something about Bielema's screed against hurry up offenses has been bothering me, but I couldn't quite get my finger on it. I knew, in the recesses of my brain, there had been something in the recent past that stood out to me about him shooting an angle on the rules without regard to player safety, but couldn't quite figure it out. After all, he's complaining about teams exploiting the current rules (can snap the ball as soon as it is whistled into play) to gain an advantage.

Then I remember this:


So, yeah. He of the we are running too many plays and worrying about guys getting hurt intentionally exploited a rule to run out the clock at the end of a half by asking his kickoff team and Penn State's kick return team to run headlong into each other at speed three times. I guess guys are the same players after just three plays, so it doesn't matter as much. Alternatively, you can say with all the extra time in between each play, you could substitute a new expendable walk on gunner player, this isn't so bad.

Spare me, Bert.

TD

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan