Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

August 29, 2013

“Bottom line is, we’re probably going to score every 13 to 15 plays”

- Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney.

Last season, Clemson scored in the neighborhood of once every 12.5 plays. UGA did so once every 11.55 plays. Clemson loves to push the tempo, getting in nearly 82 plays per game. UGA got in a very average 66ppg. That is how you end up scoring many more points than UGA.

As you can tell, that basically benefits a team that can use their offense to slow down another team's offense, something Georgia is geared to do. My concern, which I've voiced before, is if that becomes a goal instead of a feature. If we become too one dimensional worried about using the clock, that'll lead to us giving Clemson more opportunities.

I believe we can win a score fest. I just hope we don't have to find out if we can.

Something tells me we won't have to. Why am I that confident now? Just think those young guys are going to actually do better than last years team.
TD

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan