First things first: Gutsy win. Didn't have to be. Shouldn't have had to be, but gutsy. Second, give The Vols credit, they forced Bobo to do things differently than he otherwise would have wanted to. True, the injuries made things different from the get go, but with our offensive weapons Jones decided that they were going to either lose or win with Murray going over the middle and making Georgia trying to run in the middle.
It nearly worked.
- So much for the oline resurgence. Give UT credit, their front seven did an effective job of switching up rushes. I haven't watched the second half but even in the first, they had effective pressure on Murray too much.
- Give Douglas and Green credit. They ran the ball very well. My problems with the play calling is usage, especially the sprint draw with Green on 3rd down.
- Keeping in mind I didn't see the second half, I felt the defense played very well.
- If Bennett and JSW are gone for the season, will see a lot more Wooten and will need to see a lot more Conley.
- UGA: Putting the "special" in special teams since 2001.
- But the kickoff thing got solved.
- And MMs 56 yarder was as confident a kick as we've seen from an UGA kicker in a minute.
As I mentioned Friday, this is the kind of of game I was worried we might have. We didn't play great offense, we gave up the special teams touchdown, yet we went on the road and won. I was worried about style points before the game, now I am worried about winning out the season and playing in Atlanta. This might be the kind of game we look back on and regret the missed opportunity or maybe we'll look back on this game and thank God for fumbles into the end zone.
Its just too early to say.