Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

August 14, 2014

Clemson's kicker dreams of game winner

One thing that makes us human is our wish, no need, to be the hero in our own stories. Thus this:
Three seconds left on the game clock in Sanford Stadium late in the evening on August 30 with Clemson trailing by two, and Ammon Lapik lines up for a game-winning field goal that would start off Clemson's season on a high note.
Yeah, I'm sure. The Chattahoochee HS product chose Clemson over Georgia Tech, so it shouldn't surprise you that he wants that to happen.

Lapik has his own issues. He walked away from Clemson last season. Even Swinney has had his concerns (from June):
“That’s the one position that I’m the most anxious to see perform in fall camp,” Dabo Swinney said. “I have less knowledge. I know what I’ve seen in practice and know what Ammon Lakip has done in practice. But I’ve seen Cole Stoudt and have a much better understanding of what he is and seen him a lot on game day. Ammon, I have no idea what to expect.”
The problem with kickers is that kicking is 90% mental and the other half is physical. That's good news, right?
TD

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan