Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

December 22, 2006

Basketball Quick Hitters


How am I going to stop Georgia? (Image: AJC)

"Tech has lost six straight to Georgia in football, six of the past 10 in men's basketball, 27 of 29 in women's basketball and two years ago got gut-punched by the baseball Dogs to be knocked out of the NCAAs — at Tech!" -- AJC

Pre-game articles:
-- Josh Kendall has his UGA vs. GT preview.
-- Hair raising season for Dawgs - ABH
-- Rivalry Revelry - ABH
-- Stukes can't miss - AJC
-- Dogs have upper hand in rivalry - AJC

Also, SI.com's Seth Davis has put together a Christmas article suggesting how to fill the missing pieces for a variety of power teams. Nice props hear for Georgia's Sundiata Gaines. He suggests that LSU's team would be complete with a guy like Gaines running the point.

Over on ESPN.com, Andy Katz has us at #15 on his Power 16. The composite Power 16 has us on the bubble.


PWD

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had to guess, I would say Hew?tt is thinking this in that photo:

"Dayyyyyyyyyyum. How can a man who looks as good as me be 2-4 to the University of Georgia? How can a program with a coach as good as me not have won a game in Athens since the Duane Morrison era? I got all kind of McDonald's All Americans. I'm smoother than Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I'm a gen-u-ine coaching prodigy. And yet, the University of Cant Make the NCAA, Has About 4 Guys on Scholarship, Hasnt had a Senior Class Since That Little Hillbilly Harrick, Georgia continues to beat my team like they stole something. Can a brother get a little RESPECT here? I mean, compared to Chan Gailey, I'm a combination of Knute Rockne and Pat Summitt, with a little Bud Wilkinson and John Wooden thrown in for good measure. Suckers."

of course, I could be wrong.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan