Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

July 9, 2005

BlogPoll Roundtable 2: Three questions

Blogpollsters were asked to comment on these 3 questions a few weeks ago.

1. What's THE critical game of the season on the national scene?
2. What's the most critical matchup for your team?
3. What's your wingnut upset prediction of year?


I posted my answer on the site above. I thought that I'd share my thoughts with you guys. Agree? Disagree? Use the comments button to discuss.

1. THE Critical Game in College Football this year:
I say it's Texas vs. Oklahoma
As a Georgia Bulldog fan for the past 16 years, I know what it's like to be owned. The Gators owned us from '90-2003 much in the same way that we owned them from '65-84. Once you've been owned for that long a period of time, overcoming the mental side of the game is huge. If Tejas can get past OU, they should run the table til USC in the Rose Bowl. (Note: I think Texas is going to take Ohio State to the woodshed)

2. The most critical matchup for your team
It has to be UGA vs. UF for my money.
The game vs. UT will probably have a more immediate and possibly even larger impact on THIS season's SEC East race. But the UF game is larger. The Dawgs just got the monkey off our backs with a win vs. the Zooker last year. Starting Meyer off in the Cocktail Party series with a win, would put us right back behind the 8 ball.

3. What's your wingnut upset prediction of year?
UT vs. SC
I'm picking the Gamecocks. It's not an absurdly impossible prediction, but I'm going with it. It's in Columbia. The coots are going to beat SOMEBODY this year that they shouldn't. I doubt that it's Auburn (away) or UGA (away). And despite the trendy appeal of picking Spurrier over Meyer, I can't do it. I want to. But I can't. So I'm going with this one.

This Post brough to you by Paulwesterdawg's UGA Blog.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan