Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

July 19, 2005

Is it Football Season Yet

Normally, I loathe Terry Bowden. That has been my official stance and rare have I strayed from it. I loathe him for his time at Auburn, and I thought he was likely the worst in studio host in college football history. Unseating Craig James' near strangle hold on the title.

However, last year I grew to have a measure of respect for Bowden in his color commentary role. He provided quality insight during the Nebraska vs. Colorado game last year. Pretty much mocking NU's coaching staff for their lack of imagination or common sense.

Anyway, I digress. Here's a decent interview with Tater Tot Bowden from Yahoo Sports. He spends the day golfing with his brothers and father. Here's one diary entry that made me laugh:
    9:52 a.m.
    Tommy gets a call from his daughter Lauren, who is taking her last final at Clemson before she drives down to the beach. It must have been a geography test because I overhear Tommy say, "All I know is that North America is a continent, Florida is a peninsula, and Texas and Alaska are the largest states." Tommy was not a great student.
Sure, UGA isn't reference and it doesn't go on and on about Georgia Football. Which is in itself a travashamocker. But it's a decent offseason read.


Posted by Paulwesterdawg for the Georgia Dawg Sports Blog.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan