Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

November 7, 2005

Blog Poll Ballot -- Week 11

Here's my Week 10 ballot. Below is my week 11 ballot.

Week 11:
1. Southern Cal - UCLA was a fraud. Nothing stands in Southern Cal's way now.

2. Texas - No Baptist church in Texas will welcome Mack Brown after putting 62 on Baylor. He must be Methodist.

3. Alabama - One offensive TD in 3 of the past 4 weeks. I thought about moving them below Miami, but there has to be some reward for remaining undefeated and having a defense that is THAT good. Having said all of that, I wouldn't be shocked if Bama dropped their next two.

4. Miami (Florida) - Ok, that was pretty impressive.

5. Louisiana State - I'm basically expecting a Tiger win in Tuscaloosa this weekend. If not, I will be VERY impressed with Bama.

6. Penn State - These guys continue to impress. Joe Pa took Alvarez to the woodshed.

7. Georgia - I don't remember us needing a bye week that bad in a long, long time.

8. Virginia Tech - I would love to see their defense vs. Notre Dame.

9. Notre Dame - Notre Dame now has wins over 2 teams with winning records including a quality Michigan team and a pathetic 5-4 BYU team. That's it.

10. Oregon - Nice win over a Cal team that shockingly still gets votes in both polls.

11. Ohio State - Northwestern at home and Michian on the road close out their season. If they win out, it's Orlando bowling. If they drop either game, it's probably Tampa.

12. UCLA - Mike Stoops saves his job?

13. West Virginia - Next week, they will unimpress voters by beating Cincy. This team has all the charisma of a PBS documentary on synthetic wool.

14. Texas Tech - When Coach Fran loses, cousins in Alabama kiss.

15. Auburn - Hopefully, Auburn brings their All-Star kicker to Athens this weekend.

16. Florida - Vandy? Friggin Vandy? On the one hand, I did say that Vandy was the best "team" that we had played up to that point in the season. On the other hand...Vandy?

17. Louisville - I don't know why I enjoy watching Wannstead (sp?) lose so much. But I do.

18. Colorado - I take no joy in their success. Even if I did call it in the pre-season and had to defend the pick.

19. Wisconsin - Alamo Bowl here you come.

20. TCU - Where does the MWC Champ go bowling these days? They aren't locked into the Liberty Bowl anymore.

21. Florida State - WHY IN THE HELL WAS XAVIER LEE IN THE GAME? I honestly think that Bowden may have destroyed Weatherford's confidence with that flip flop flip QB shuffle at the end. BTW -- Isn't it interesting how little hate mail I get from FSU Fans these days over having Miami ranked higher. I wonder why that is.

22. Georgia Tech - It's simple. Beat UVA and avoid a distant journey to a bowl far, far away. Lose and pack snow shoes.

23. Fresno State - I sincerely know nothing about these guys. I confess. Nothing. If someone wants to present a compelling reason to me that they should be ranked higher, I'll listen. OTHER than their record.

24. Michigan - Battling back. Indiana this week before the home game with Ohio State.

25. Oklahoma - Ok, it's time to let them out of the Blog Poll Cage. These guys could beat Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Ok State and win a lower teir bowl to go 9-3 and finish around #12-13. How crazy is that.

Dropped Out:
Boston College

New:
Oklahoma

The On Deck Circle:
Northwestern and South Carolina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acutally Notre Dame is even worse than you wrote. You are giving them credit for a win over MSU, but thats one of their two losses that all the pollsters seem to forget.

Unknown said...

LMAO! you are right. i knew something about that looked odd. i'll fix it.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan