Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

November 14, 2005

UGA vs. GT Gametime News

According to the ACC website, ABC has decided to use the 6 day option for the following games:

Georgia @ Tech
UNC @ VT
UVA @ Miami

2 of the games will be on ABC (one @ 3:30, the other @ 8 PM) and the other game will be on ESPN @ 7:45. Decisions will be made on Sunday.

I have no idea where we will land. Some of it depends on how they are splitting the regional telecasts. ESPN Primetime isn't a split telecast. Is the ABC 8:00 slot split?

[Photo: Verron did pretty well under the lights in the only GT vs. UGA night game that I can remember.]

UGA vs. GT looks like the best game of that bunch, but it has the least national appeal as we're both in the same TV market.

I'm hoping for a night game for all the obvious reasons. Plus, I think some Georgia Tech fans won't be willing to put up with drunken Georgia fans at night coming off what I hope to be a huge Miami blowout over the NATS this weekend.

pwd

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

PWD, the ABC 8.00 spot is split with (ugh) Notre Dame/Stanford. Which probably means the state of Georgia will get UGA-GT, and the other 49 will get ND-Stanford.

Fortunately, I've got Gameplan.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of the country and the ESPN game would work out much better for me.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan