Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

December 2, 2005

Georgia Sports Blog's "Fan of the Year" Award for 2005

I have never, and I mean NEVER been accused of being a classy winner. Gracious in defeat, but intolerable in victory. That's my style.

I'm also a big believer in the ancient quote by Plato circa 500 BC that states, "If one cannot delight in the misery of others, then he does not deserve to be a college football fan."

It is with this background in mind, that I present the Georgia Sports Blog's 2005 "Fan of the Year." The award goes to the "Unknown" Texas Tech fan who gets his money's worth post-game with the Oklahoma players, coaches and media in this video.

Go Raiders indeed. (video link)


[Photo: Georgia Sports Blog executives present the "Unknown" Raider fan with a check as part of the awards ceremony held at the Texas State Capital.]

pwd

11 comments:

Astronaut Mike Dexter said...

Is it just me or did that voice sound like a very, very drunk Peyton Manning?

It's just me?

OK then.

Anonymous said...

That is one of the funniest things I have heard. Too damn funny.

Also, what was that around the football players mouth?

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious.

Anonymous said...

dude, harsh,the guy has a pigment condition. That said, amazing video, put that straight into PWDs pantheon.

Worrier said...

That was too funny!!! And Doug might be right too.

Unknown said...

> Also, what was that around the football players mouth?

Yep. Simple Pigment condition. I have several white friends that have it. One chick does, but she covers it up with make up. A guy I know has it, but it's on his hands so you don't notice.

For a black guy, it's just dramatically more noticable.

mhofeld said...

Your basic Tech fan. The have lots of class.

Anonymous said...

If only he would have chanted D-CAF.

Anonymous said...

That was the funniest thing I've seen this morning!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, that DID sound like Peyton Manning!!! Who wrote that?! Genius! I am a Texas Tech grad and am PROUD of this prestigious honor bestowed our proud unknown Tech fan!!!

Anonymous said...

GUNS UP!!! WE LOVE OUR RED RAIDERS!!!

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan