Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

December 9, 2005

Josh Portis (Florida QB) to Transfer

The theory by many in Gator land was that Chris Leak "doesn't fit Meyer's system." Many theorized that once Josh Portis, Meyer's hand picked guy to run "his system" was inserted, the Gator offense would go, go, go, go.

Well...the Gators better sign Tebow because they are running out of QB options. For more on Portis leavig, check out the Gainesville Sun's interview with Portis' mom. Orson doesn't have a response yet, but I'm going to go ahead and link to the front page of his site in anticipation of a rant.

Photo: Portis in practice.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, after reading that interview with his Mom all I can think is What a Momma's Boy! Good grief I need to go eat a rare steak or work on a car just to get rid of the sissy boy taste that left in my mouth.

Anonymous said...

Not really worth a rant. A qb's mother does all the talking for him in withdrawing him after one year at an institution where he sat behind a qb who led the SEC in passing the year before, citing "playing time" as the reason.

See? This is why recruiting drama is bs.

Anonymous said...

I agree, I had to read true freshman three times to make sure I was reading it correctly. How can he complain? Go Dawgs

Anonymous said...

Paul...what's your email? I'd love to get a hold of you.

Worrier said...

I bet Portis' mom and Curtis Lead made a great pair at team/family functions.

Worrier said...

typo - I meant Curtis LeaK

mhofeld said...

Did I read somewhere that Leak was coming out in the draft as well?

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan