Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

January 9, 2006

All-Pro Bulldogs


The Associated Press announced its All-Pro team today. Three former Georgia Bulldogs were included on the team. Richard Seymour and Champ Bailey were no surprise to me. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see NFL veteran Mack Strong make his first Pro-Bowl. Mack is in his thirteenth (!) season.

I was pleased to see Mack share some credit for the tremendous season NFL MVP Shaun Alexander had for the the Seattle Seahawks. Shaun had an awesome quote about Mack's blocking ability:
I came in and I had a bunch of 100-yard games real quick. I felt like, gosh, I didn't feel like I was really running that hard. I went back and studied the film, and I realized it was because Mack would block his guy, and they would take that guy out because he had a migraine [emphasis added]. And they'd bring in the backup, then the backup wouldn't really want to tackle me because he was worried about getting blocked by Mack.
Congratulations to Richard, Champ & Mack for a great season! Thanks for representing the Bulldog Nation so well. GATA!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've said numerous times before, Mack Strong is one of the most underrated players of the NFL over the past decade.

Dawgnoxious said...

I completely agree with you, Mr. Egger. Mack also also one of our most underrated Dawgs, probably because he had the "misfortune" to be in Athens while Garrison Hearst was running wild. Otherwise, Mack would get the props he deserves for being both a terrific blocker and solid running back.

Dan said...

Although it was a shame he went on to UGA. I was at the game where Mack Strong tied Hershel Walker's record for career TD's for a GA HS player.

I was 11, but I was there.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan