Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

January 21, 2006

Just looking around on a Weekend

A few things that struck my eye.

Kyle on Football wants to start a letter writing campaign to facilitate a Michigan vs. Georgia series. Brian at MGoBlog is on board. Kyle provides a letter template for both UM and UGA athletic directors.

The AJC has a great interview with Leon Lett Jr , on tomorrow's Denver vs. Steelers game. I think I'm pulling for the Steelers in this one. Mainly because Hines Ward is my all-time favorite Georgia Bulldog. Plus, I prefer Cowher of the four remaining coaches.


[Photo: Champ was about 4 inches from being known as Lett Jr.]

Chip Towers of the AJC has a preview of the Georgia vs. Ole Miss game that doesn't exactly leave me looking forward to the game. He states what I agree with. Although, I guess it's unreasonable to hope that the AJC pulls a PollyAnna and says, "Georgia's post players are like OMG SO HOTT!!! and AWESOMEST!!!!" His comments about their inside play vs. UK combined with the box score line from that game, look an awful lot like mine. I'll take that as a compliment. Not b/c I think he's copying me. But more as validation for what a super genious I am.

pwd

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a UGA fan, a game with UM could be fun if we can do it early in September. I would not be a fan of traveling to Michigan in November and doubt if the schedule will allow an October meeting.

Astronaut Mike Dexter said...

That's "sooper genius," homey.

As for The Champ, I don't know if he was doing Lett-style showboating at the end of that INT return against the Patriots or whether he was just sucking wind at the end of a 100-yard sprint, but it was interesting to see another bulldog (Watson) blaze in from the right side and bulldoze him out of bounds at the 1. It would've been cooler if they'd actually played on the same Georgia squad at some point, but still, the fact that there are so many former Dawgs still in the NFL playoffs is pretty gratifying to see. You may have already pointed this out, but I hope our recruiters are pointing this out to all the blue-chippers they've been visiting lately.

DawgOnTap said...

Sorry, but even though Champ is in my top 5 or 6 Dawgs of all time, he was definitely going into a pre-TD showboat and got punked like he deserved.

It looks like the AJC know as much about Hoops as it does anything else concerning Sports in our state.

Lemme guess, they thought Tech would win, right?

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan