Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

August 3, 2006

How to Subscribe to this Site (don't worry it's still free)

Brian at MGoBlog wrote a solid “how-to” piece a while back regarding subscribing to his site. Rather than recreate the wheel, I’m going to shamelessly rip off some of his content.


- - - - begin rip off - - - - - -
Weaning yourself from clicking your bookmark every twenty seconds can be accomplished in many different ways that are all the same way at heart: RSS. In a nutshell, RSS packages up the posts I write in a standard format that RSS readers can interpret. This allows you to, say, track the feeds of two hundred different blogs in one convenient place, like so:



That's a screenshot from Bloglines, which is a popular reader. In practice, using an RSS reader for one website is not much of a time-saver, but when you track a ton of sites it's indispensable.
- - - - - - end rip off - - - - - -

You don't have to use an RSS Reader like Bloglines or Feedburner. Other sites that you may already be using such as MyYahoo, MyAOL, Live.com and My Google will allow you to add sites like the Georgia Sports blog to your existing page at the touch of a button using the same basic setup.

On the bottom of the left navigational bar, you'll find the "subscribe now" buttons for several sites. See this image...



Just click on one of those buttons and you're all set.

Just another way to stay current with the Georgia Sports Blog and all of your other blogs. Like MGoBlog (who I mentioned I took most of this content from so you should click on his site).

NOTE: If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just skip this note and don't worry about it. Far as I can tell, this site is going to remain free.

Thanks and keep visiting!

Paul Westerdawg
Georgia Sports Blog

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I track this site via the Sage RSS reader extension for FireFox...if you aren't using RSS yet you really should check it out...great way to keep up w/ all of the sites you frequent.

Anonymous said...

I have had this blog as part of my feed for some time now. I use Newsclip as the RSS reader for myBlackBerry. It is the best way to stay up-to-date while on the go. This feed is a must have!

Jeff said...

I really appreciate this post. RSS is something I've known about for a while but never really used. This will save me a lot of time checing websites. My employer thanks you.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan